Pixel Qi is a ‘thinking’ LCD technology that can switch to three different modes by controlling the backlight. In regular (transmissive) mode, it functions like a conventional LCD. The transflective mode is enabled by turning down the backlight and allows high visibility even in direct sunlight unlike conventional LCD screens which go black or dark. Turn off the backlight completely and it becomes a reflective greyscale epaper display similar to the EInk displays on ebook readers like the Kindle. The combination of modes allows the screen to save substantial power and battery life (the company claims that in reflective mode, the display saves upto 80% compared to conventional LCD).
- My Top Mac OS X Applications « Rolande’s Ramblings
- Roche Technology – Home – First Look: Google’s YouTube App for iOS & Live Stream!
- Apple – iPhone 5 – The thinnest, lightest, fastest iPhone ever.
- Singularity Summit San Francisco, Oct 13/14 – Boing Boing
- Nokia Lumia 920 & 820 Preview, Running Windows Phone 8